This cable penetrator is a simple solution to waterproofing your robot, drone or subsea cannister. It’s basically a bolt with a hole that the tether or other thick cable can be glued (potted) into to provide a waterproof, removable connection through watertight enclosures, boxes, panels, etc.
This particular penetrator has a extended length head and nut to make it easy to install and remove on an enclosure, even on densely packed end caps like the 4″ Series 14-Hole end cap. That’s perfect for a tether or other cables that you would like to install and remove frequently.
We primarily recommend the WetLink Thixotropic Potting Compound, which can be applied in one step and provides a depth rating up to 1000 meters. Alternatively, we recommend Loctite Marine Epoxy and the Potting Kit to complete assembly.
All components are available via Marine Distribution & Consulting. Please browse the Blue Robotics section or contact us for a tailored offer or info!
- Extended length head and nut for easy installation/removal
- Anodized aluminum construction for corrosion resistance and high strength
- Captive O-ring face seal that works on any smooth surface
- Wrench flats for easy tightening
- Multiple inner diameters to secure the cable jacket but leave room for potting compound
- Works for cables smaller than 8mm as well
- 1 x 8mm Cable Penetrator Bolt
- 1 x Cable Penetrator Nut
- 1 x O-Ring
|Recommended through-hole diameter
||M10 x 1.5
|Bolt Head / Nut Diameter
Blue Robotics, Marine Distribution & Consulting, MDC, Penetrator, Penetrator 8mm, cable, tether, umbilcal, Waterproofing, robot, drone, subsea cannister, ROV, tether, ombelicale, robot, drone, sottomarino, cavo, custodia impermeabile