The StarFish 452F brings even higher definition imagery to your PC. With half the horizontal beam angle (for twice the resolution) of our popular 450F design, and our advanced digital CHIRP acoustic technology developed from the professional underwater survey industry, StarFish 452F produces crisper and cleaner imagery at ranges of up to 100 metres on each channel (200m total swathe coverage). It competes with many larger commercial systems producing spectacular images of the seabed, and includes intuitive software with a variety of data export options.
Measuring less than 15 inches / 38 cm long the StarFish 452F sonar is small enough to be transported in your rucksack. Lightweight and quick to deploy by hand, the 452F towed system is independent of the boat requiring no fixed installation which makes it easy to transport and operate from any vessel.
The StarFish Peli Case provides a rugged and watertight method for transporting and storing your StarFish system.
The compact hydrodynamic full body three-fin design improves stability of the sonar while it's being towed which in-turn helps improve the quality of images it produces. The sonar also incorporates an inline connector to allow the cable to be swapped or replaced on site. Additional cable lengths are also available to help you choose the best towing solution for your needs.
Designed to be 'Plug and Play', connecting to your Windows PC or laptop via a USB connection, the StarFish 452F comes with software to allow the capture and recording real-time images from the seafloor below, making seabed imaging easy for everyone.
Marine Distribution & Consulting offers the full range of Blueprint Subsea products. Please do not hesitate to contact us for detailed information to find the right Side Scan Sonar solution for your application!
The Sonar connects to the Top Box. The Top Box then connects to the power source and any Windows based PC or Laptop via a USB connection to display, record and playback digital sonar images using StarFish Scanline software.
- Starfish 452F Side Scan Sonar "Towfish" Transducer Head
- Starfish 450 Top Box (includes USB and power cables)
- 20m cable (included with StarFish 452F Sonar)
- AC Mains power adapter (supports 110V and 240V)
- Customer supplied DC power supply 9V-28V (i.e. battery)
- Customer supplied PC or Laptop (with at least 1 free USB port and Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- The smallest towed side scan sonar available.
- 0.8° horizontal beam width with up to 100m acoustic range per channel.
- Easily transportable - fits in your rucksack.
- Easily powered from almost any source.
- Plug & play USB interface to any PC, with simple & intuitive software.
- High visibility yellow colour to aid location & tracking.
Customer images captured with the StarFish 452F sidescan sonar...
Blueprint Subsea, France, Marine Distribution & Consulting, MDC, Starfish 452f, underwater inspection, side scanning sonar, side scan sonar, high resolution surveys, port, harbour, academic research, inland waterway, river, canal, SAR , Search And Recovery, Search and Rescue , MDC, Police, Fire Fighter, Towfish, Sonar survey, affordable sonar, inspection sous-marine, sonar à balayage latéral, levés haute résolution, port, recherche universitaire, voie navigable, rivière, canal, SAR, recherche et récupération, recherche et sauvetage, MDC, police, pompier, sonar abordable, StarFish 452F poisson tracté, poisson tracté